muffin tin monday : 8.23.10.
hooray - themes are back! for some reason, themes tend to make me be a bit more creative. this week's theme was the alphabet. something we're obsessed about around here as of late. C will sing the alphabet song all the time and L thinks it's a riot. whatever entertains them, right?
as i was thinking about the theme, i realized that the tin i use has six cups and C's name has six letters - tada, an idea was born. i cut each letter of C's name out of fruit leather - plus two flowers out of the remaining leather - and labeled each cup. each cup was then filled with food that started with that letter.
this week's tin included :
- grilled Cheese sandwiches - cut into heart shapes.
- Marshmallows - although C kept telling me they were cheese and for awhile i insisted they were really marshmallows until i grew tired of telling her otherwise.
- Red strawberries - yes, i'm stretching a bit on this one. i had purchased raspberries for this but they were already molded and i just bought them today. don't even get me started on the produce department at my grocery store. ugh. C loves raspberries and we were lucky to receive some in our csa box last week. csa strawberries are a-maz-ing.
- Yogurt with sprinkles - she's also all about sprinkles lately because her daddy has been treating her to a donut with sprinkles on the weekend for breakfast.
- Noodles - C loves her pasta. and most often will request noodles or "butter jelly" for a meal. these are "curly noodles" (ramen) that she particularly finds amusing. i don't use the seasoning for them but rather usually toss them with veggies or something else for her.
the fruit leather was a big hit and the first time that she'd had it. she ate all of her letters and her flowers first and then her noodles and marshmallows. she ate everything but a few slices of apple and a bit of yogurt.
to see what others did with this week's theme, check out the muffin tin monday blog.