my sweet one year old baby girl. i'm still wondering where the last year has gone. 12 months ago we introduced a newborn into our family and now we can't imagine us as anything but a family of four.
at 12 months, L :
- weighs xxx (to be completed after her doctor's appt. i'm guessing about 25 pounds.)
- is xx" long (also to be completed after her appt.)
- current nickname = ladybug and the occasional little baby reference.
- wakes up around 7a and goes to bed between 7:15 and 7:30p.
- takes two naps - her morning nap is usually and hour to an hour and a half and her afternoon nap is around an hour. at times i think she's ready to give her morning nap up and then she goes and proves me wrong. she falls asleep immediately for both naps so i think she still needs both.
- favorite foods : pancakes, avocado, peaches and spaghetti.
- can tell you what a cow, duck and kitty say.
- smacks her lips to make kissing sounds and then attempts to give either thomas or duke kisses.
- will give you a kiss if you ask for one. half the time she bumps foreheads with you and thinks that's good enough.
- is becoming quite the fan of "yaya" just like her sister and will call it by name when it's on. yaya, otherwise known to everyone else as sesame street, is the name coined by C after the preschool version of the show had that word in the theme song.
- is surfing along and pulling up on any surface that stand still.
- she'll walk when holding onto our hands. i feel that by next month she'll be walking on her own and then the girls will be chasing each other. a new form of chaos.
- is really becoming quite chatty and trying to repeat words that we say.
- is obsessed with "brown bear brown bear what do you see." she'll pick it up every time we're in her room and then say "brown bear" over and over again.
- crawls with exaggerated hip movements. seriously hysterical to watch. daddy calls her a salamander.
- loves playing with the play kitchen and food, especially the fridge that she and her sister got for their birthdays.
- hates getting her face washed after meals. unless i sing her "pop goes the weasel" - somehow it makes the task become bearable for her.