not a sharp focused photo, but the expression is so her that i had to use it. she was looking above me at her big sister who was also taking her monthly photo with her own fisher price digital camera.
i had to laugh tonight when i looked at the clock and realized 14 months ago we were just welcoming our new baby girl into the world. and tonight i was feeding her a taco. or rather taco fillings.
at 14 months, L :
- is approximately 28 pounds. while i'm getting ready in the morning, the girls are in our room and L loves to walk in and out of the bathroom and has figured out how to stand on the scale. so funny as C loved to play with the scale at that age and still does.
- nickname : ladybug.
- gets up around 7a, although the past few days it's been more like 8a. goes to bed around 7:15p.
- decided to give up her morning nap although has yet to figure out how to taken an extended single nap. instead it's more like an hour or an hour and a half.
- is walking. she loves being able to follow C around the house so that they can play together.
- has crazy curly hair. in humid weather, she has gorgeous hair. and yes, this mama is jealous.
- is wearing 2T clothes. she's officially now in the wrong season for most of C's hand me downs. boo!
- loves to give kisses. to me, to her big sister, to the kitties. even to a goat outside of a co-op store we were at last weekend. full of smooches around here.
- favorite foods : bananas, kiwis, spaghetti.
- loves swimming lessons and jumping in from the side.
- enjoys bath time with her sister, especially when we blow bubbles before getting out of the tub.
- is such an easy going baby except when it comes to church. such a battle with her to stay relaxed and looking at books. the exact opposite of her sister.
- is a copycat when it comes to vocabulary. it's hard to keep track of when she says new words as she says them so often. my new favorite is when she says "amen" after our blessing at each meal or the girls' prayers before bedtime.
- favorite books : "brown bear" and "goodnight moon." C can recite both of these to her and she has picked up a lot of vocabulary and animal sounds from them. she'll ask for either book by name. she also enjoys "where is baby's belly button?"